There are multiple ways to clean PTACs and many of them are out-dated, high risk, don’t take into account the newer manufacturing materials and techniques that make some units less hardy than in the past. We all know that newer equipment is lighter, cheaper, and more efficient. That means the materials can be more easily damaged.
How can potential damage be avoided?
- Use proper chemicals that are non-corrosive
- Carefully remove units from sleeves
- Only move the units as far as necessary to properly clean, not to the parking lot
- Personnel should be trained technicians who understand the PTAC units
- Clean more often to maintain a higher lifespan of equipment
These seem like simple and obvious steps but we rarely see either Hotel employees or other service companies providing the proper care and training.
To get the best service consider EcspexAire.